You know what holidays mean to me. We’ve been down this road before. Every holiday, big or small. Holidays = Food. Whether it’s me in the kitchen by myself, with my family cooking something amazing, or making way too much of a mess with my little guys, I absolutely adore making themed recipes to celebrate alllll the holidays.
Today, I’m sharing three quick and easy recipes to make with your kids (or during naptime, without them 😉) to get us in the green spirit of St. Patrick’s Day!
St. Patrick’s Day Trail Mix
Golden Grahams cereal
Mint M&Ms (I like these because they are green and brown – all M&Ms work if you want to pick out the color) **And these taste exactly like Thin Mints – get ready to eat them ALL!**
In a medium size bowl, mix your desired amount of cereal, marshmallows, and M&Ms until well combined. Enjoy your hard work. 🙂
Luck of the Irish Cupcakes
1 box vanilla cake mix
1 container vanilla frosting
Green food coloring
Gold cupcake wrappers – or other festive wrappers of your choice!
- Fill each spot in the muffin tin with your cupcake wrappers. Make cake mix according to package instructions.
- While cupcakes are cooling, empty your vanilla frosting into a small bowl. Drop 6-7 drops of green food coloring and mix with your frosting until well blended and color is smooth. Add more to get desired color.
- After cupcakes have cooled, frost each cupcake with your green frosting. If you’re looking for a little more precision, fill a pastry bag and pipe frosting on top of each cupcake.
- Top with festive sprinkles, gold coins, little leprechaun hats…possibilities are endless with these cuties!
St. Patrick’s Day Pudding Cups
3.4 oz. chocolate pudding mix
2 cups milk
1- 8 oz. tub whipped cream
Green food coloring
Oreo Cookie Thins
Green or festive sprinkles
- In a medium bowl, make chocolate pudding according to package directions.
- While pudding in setting in the fridge, drop 3-4 drops of green food coloring into the whipped cream tub (save a few scoops if you’d prefer the whipped topping on top to be without color). Mix until well blended and color is throughout.
- In a glass or cup of your choice, spoon about 2 tablespoons of chocolate pudding on the bottom of your cup. Layer 2 tablespoons of green whipped cream on top.
- Crush 2 Oreo thins and sprinkle on top of the whipped cream layer. Add sprinkles on top.
- Repeat once more, layering 2 tablespoons of chocolate pudding, green whipped cream, crushed Oreo thins, and sprinkles.
- Top with whipped cream and add any fun garnishments, as you’d like!
- Serve immediately or keep in fridge until ready to eat!
Here’s to all the green food, all the green beer, and plenty of luck of the Irish to each of you!