Whew! Anyone else spend the day yesterday stress-cooking/stress-baking/stress eating everything in your house?! What a day and looks like we’ve got maybe a few more days just like it ahead.
We may be glued to our TV screen for days to come. We are entering one of the busiest times of the year. We are dealing with early sunsets and cold mornings. All of that calls for a quick, simple, no-fail breakfast that can at least make one part of your day a little easier!
This is one of those recipes that I laugh that I didn’t think of earlier. Why did this take until I was “yesterday year’s old” to think about making freezer breakfast sandwiches that can be quickly reheated and eaten while rushing out the door?! But regardless of when I finally came up with this simple idea, I’m here to bring a little ease to your mornings!
And the best part of these? You can make them to perfectly fit your family! Easy substitutions on all parts of these sandwiches can make these the yummy breakfast that EVERY member of your family will enjoy!
Make-Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 sausage patties
- 6 English muffins
- 6 slices of cheese, choose your favorite!
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease bottom and sides of 8" x 8" baking pan.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Pour egg mixture into the greased pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until the center of egg mixture is set. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage patties in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cut cooked eggs into 6 even pieces.
- Cut English muffins in half. Top bottom of muffin with egg, sausage patty, and cheese.
- If you're eating these right away, return to oven and heat for roughly 5 minutes or until your cheese melts. To Freeze: Wrap each sandwich individually with parchment or wax paper and place in a freezer safe resealable bag. You can freeze these for up to 1 month.
- To Reheat: Thaw in fridge overnight for best results. Remove paper and wrap sandwich in a paper towel. Microwave on 50% power for 45 seconds. Flip the sandwich over and microwave for 30 seconds on high power until warmed through.
- Need to make an easy breakfast for a group? You can double, triple, or even quadruple this recipe for a whole month worth of sandwiches, or as a great take-along for a tailgate, camping, or your next lake trip. Just be sure to increase your pan size to a 9×13″ when cooking your eggs so they cook in an even, thin layer.
- Not everyone a fan of sausage? Substitute for any breakfast meat! Try these with bacon or Canadian bacon. No English muffins? Try with cooked Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits! You can adapt most anything in these sandwiches to make these a favorite for everyone.
- Have more time in the morning? You can also reheat these sandwiches in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes instead of using the microwave.
Leave a Reply