Some days I eat leftover peanut butter and jelly crusts for lunch. Other days I eat a real adult lunch and wonder why I would ever deprive myself in making myself something good. So in the spirit of New Year, New Me, I’m sharing a fast favorite make-ahead lunch that is packed with protein, flavor, and simplicity!
I made this as simple as possible by using a Rotisserie chicken to cut the prep time without losing any flavor along the way. Because when it comes down to it, we’re all just trying to get a meal on the table or nab something relatively healthy on the run.
So grab a few easy ingredients, shred and chop when you get a chance, and enjoy a flavorful lunch all week long. I promise, this is a good one!
Apple Dill Chicken Salad
- 1 Rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, diced
- 1 Tbsp dill weed
- 1 Tbsp dill pickle juice
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small apple, chopped
- Shred Rotisserie chicken using your fingers or put chicken meat in food processor or stand mixer to quickly shred. Place in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Serve on your favorite toasted bread, crackers, or as a dip for celery sticks. Enjoy!
- I love the simplicity of a Rotisserie chicken but this recipe can be altered to use canned, boiled, or roasted chicken. Whatever method is easiest for you!
- If you love the added crunch, 2 stalks of celery can be added to this recipe.
- I love these leak-proof food storage containers for a lunch on the go!