Another week, another simple Halloween treat to make with your little ones!
I made these Oreo Witches Hats as an after-school surprise for my two boys this week, but I think these would make the perfect dessert for a school Halloween party or a neighborhood trunk or treat this year! Irresistibly cute, easy to make, and no baking necessary. A combination that always wins in my book!
Start with a package of Oreo cookies. We have the Halloween Oreos at our house, so we made these a little extra festive with their Halloween designs on the cookie. Carefully twist the Oreo so the two chocolate cookies separate, leaving you with one side with icing and the other without (I did have to occasionally take a little icing off the “empty” cookie side, but that’s easy to scrape off with a butter knife). Take your time with this step. I had a few break when I wasn’t cautious.
I found these pre-filled icing bags at my local Target this week, and love the convenience of them! Snip the tip of the bag and you’re ready to ice!
Using your pastry bag of icing, draw a circle of icing on each cookie, about the size of a Hershey kiss. Push the Hershey kiss down gently into the icing so that the icing pushes up on all sides.
When you’ve pushed down the Hershey kisses on all the cookies, it’s time for the sprinkles! I found these sprinkles in the Halloween section at Target, but similar Halloween sprinkles can also be found at Wal-Mart, Michael’s, local grocery stores or Amazon.
My sprinkles came in this tub, but if yours came in a bag or a smaller cannister, pour them into a bowl for this step.
Hold each witch hat over the bowl of sprinkles. Using your other hand, grab a small handful of sprinkles and pour them over your witches hat cookie. The sprinkles will stick to the icing and the remainder will fall back into your tub of sprinkles.
Work your way through each of your witches hats and you’re done! A cute dessert with zero skill, zero baking, and zero measuring required!
Easy Oreo Witches Hats
- 1 box Oreo cookies
- 1 pre-filled pastry bag
- Hershey Kisses
- Halloween sprinkles
- Carefully separate the Oreo cookie into two sides. You may need to twist slowly before carefully pulling the two cookies apart. If any icing remains on the "empty side," scrape off with a butter knife. Lay cookies out on a tray.
- Using your pre-filled pasty bag, draw a small circle the size of a Hershey kiss on each cookie.
- Gently place your Hershey kiss down on the icing circle, pushing it enough so that icing comes out on all sides of the kiss.
- Pour festive sprinkles into a small bowl. Holding your witches hat with one hand over the bowl of sprinkles, take your other hand and scoop up a small handful of sprinkles. Pour over your witches hat cookie, allowing the sprinkles to stick to the icing, while the remainder fall back into the bowl.
- Store cookies for 3-4 days in an air-tight container, or freeze for a cold treat to enjoy at a later time!