One of Jerod’s favorite places to wander is the local liquor store. I can’t even give it justice on the sheer size and amount of alcohol they have in this place. He loves to walk around, see what seasonal is in stock, buy random bottles to try, and just walk aisle after aisle. Sounds kind of like the Target of his life.
So I challenged him this week to purchase an array so we can create a new holiday cocktail each evening.
My challenge = your new favorite recipes.
Each day for the remainder of the week, I’m going to share a new holiday drink that you can try this Christmas Eve, Christmas morning, or while you’re celebrating this season with family and friends. Today, we start on a twist of a classic Moscow Mule. A little bit of cranberry, a little bit of mint, and you have a beautiful cocktail that not only looks pretty, but tastes refreshing, too!
A holiday CHEERS from me to you!
Christmas Cranberry Moscow Mule
- 4 oz ginger beer
- 4 oz cranberry cocktail
- 2 oz your favorite vodka
- crushed ice cubes
- fresh cranberries
- fresh mint
- In your favorite copper mug or stemless cocktail glass, fill halfway with crushed ice cubes. Pour in ginger beer.
- Add cranberry cocktail and vodka to shaker and shake well. Pour over ginger beer and ice.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries and mint leaves. Cheers!
- My copper mugs are sold out but I love the vintage look of THESE MUGS and the hammered look of THESE MUGS from Amazon. Don’t forget to check your local Marshall’s, TJ Maxx, or Home Goods for a set, as well. They’re almost always in stock there!
- If you don’t have a shaker, add all liquids to your mug and stir with a stirrer (or a spoon if you’re anything like me!). Just be gentle to not shake up the ginger beer too much.