I’m such a sucker for bringing fun foods in to celebrate a holiday. And this week is no exception. It’s all about baking easy treats that will bring a smile to my kid’s faces and make things a little more exciting leading up to Halloween.
Today I’m sharing a simple Brownie Witches Cauldron that takes just three ingredients and zero skill to pull it off. Seriously…boxed brownie mix, pre-packaged green icing and sprinkles. That’s it! These have been a HIT with my kids and have topped their favorite Halloween treat so far.
Looking for other easy festive treats? I’ve got you covered with 4 more recipes that are kid-friendly, kid-approved, and kid-doable. Get those little ones in the kitchen with you and make something a little spooky and a lot fun this week!
Brownie Witches Cauldrons
- 1 box your favorite box brownie mix
- 1 tube green tube icing, homemade or store bought
- 1 package green sprinkles
- Grease muffin tin thoroughly to avoid any sticking. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions.
- Pour brownie mix into muffin tin, filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake according to package directions or until a knife placed in center of brownie comes out clean. Mine took 25 minutes to fully cook through.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes in the pan and then remove and cool the rest of the way on a cooling rack. If any brownies stick to the side, slide a knife around the brownie and it should easily pop out then.
- Once completely cooled, pipe green icing on the top of the brownie and down the sides to look like a green potion that has spilled over the edge.
- Sprinkle green sprinkles on top of the icing to mimic bubbles and some of the creepy witches ingredients! Even add a pretzel stick, Tootsie Roll, or black licorice as the stirring spoon!
Need a little more inspiration? Check out my Easy Halloween Desserts post from last year for these 4 great little treats!
And follow along on Instagram this week as I share some simple school lunch ideas that take ZERO time and will bring a little smile to your little one this week!
Happy Halloween Week, everyone!