Every year, we pack up the family and head down to southern Oklahoma to a lake called Lake of the Arbuckle to spend a long weekend with friends. It’s a perfect little getaway to close out the summer before school starts. Laid back, no fuss, days on the lake, and plenty of good food and drinks with people we love.
With multiple families, we make it pretty basic when it comes to food. One family meal plans and is in charge of all the meals. The other family is in charge of alllll the snacks (we’re talking 5 kids here…you know how it goes), desserts, and drinks.
Since it was my time for the snacks, drinks, and desserts, I wanted to make something that brought all the feels to a lake weekend. I wanted a nostalgic, summertime dessert that was fun to bring and everyone would love. And since we are traveling so many hours to get there, a cookie was really my best option.
What screams summer nights more than S’mores? Nothing, right? Absolutely nothing.
Today I’m sharing this simple S’mores Cookie recipe that tastes just like the real thing minus the mess, the fuss, and the fire. Something to enjoy and bring smiles to all the faces, young and old!
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup marshmallow bits, or cut up mini marshmallows
- 2 cups Hershey bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.° Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, thoroughly mixing between each one. Add vanilla and combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to mixing bowl until fully combined.
- Dump in graham cracker crumbs, marshmallow bits, and Hershey bars and mix on slow speed for roughly 30 seconds.
- Bake in center rack of preheated oven for 8 minutes or until very lightly browned. Cool on cooling rack and store in airtight container or serve. Enjoy!